Get An Experienced Attorney’s Help Filing A Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim
As a motorcyclist, you deserve the same respect on the road as any other driver. Drivers all too frequently disregard this simple courtesy. Whether other drivers fail to see you or they simply do not care, these actions jeopardize your safety and your life. Common causes of motorcycle crashes involve:
- Lane changes by motorcyclists and/or other motorists, who often claim they did not see a motorcycle they collided with when changing lanes
- Motorists in parked cars opening their doors in a motorcycle’s path
- Lane splitting, whereby motorcycles share lanes with other motorists — a dangerous practice, even when legal
- Vehicles in front of motorcycles suddenly stopping
- Left turns by motorcyclists or other motorists
Regardless of the facts, motorcyclists are often blamed for these accidents even when other motorists directly cause them. Police, claims adjusters, judges and juries, often biased against motorcycling, tend to side with drivers of cars and trucks who claim they did not see motorcycles they collided with. An unbiased attorney is a valuable ally for a motorcyclist who has been injured in a crash caused by others’ negligence.
You are entitled to compensation for the injuries these drivers cause you by their negligence. Contact us today to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
At the law office of Bredell & Bredell, our attorneys and staff are committed to representing the rights of motorcyclists injured in accidents on Michigan roads. From our offices in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, we help clients understand their rights after a bike crash or another motor vehicle accident.
Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
Since a motorcyclist is more vulnerable in an accident, he or she usually suffers more serious injuries than the motorist who caused the accident. Injuries that occur include:
- Head injury, either closed or open
- Traumatic brain damage (TBI), including catastrophic injuries leading to significant, long-lasting disability
- Broken bones, including fractures and crushed limbs
- Road rash and injuries resulting in disfigurement
- Back, shoulder and/or neck injury, including ruptured disks, rotator cuff injuries and others
Under no-fault insurance, you are entitled to compensation for your economic losses following an accident with a car, regardless of who was at fault. You also can recover compensation for noneconomic losses under a third-party claim, or surviving family members may file a wrongful death claim. Our firm is sensitive to the needs of individuals who have lost a family member and can aggressively represent the family in suing for compensation for their losses.
Experienced Michigan Motorcycle Accidents Lawyers
To learn more about recovering for your injuries following a motorcycle accident, contact an attorney at Bredell & Bredell for a free initial consultation. We represent people injured in motorcycle accidents throughout Michigan. Email us or call now to schedule your appointment: 734-274-2876.