Legal Malpractice Lawyers
Experienced Michigan Lawyers Handling Legal Malpractice Cases
An attorney should have the skill, time, resources and faculties to provide you with the information and representation you need in order to deal with your legal problem. If your lawyer’s negligence or wrongdoing caused you harm, you may have a legal malpractice claim.
Financial losses and any other harm caused by legal malpractice are actionable under the law. To hold your lawyer accountable for the harm caused by his or her negligence or malfeasance, contact an attorney at Bredell & Bredell, in Jackson or Ypsilanti. We have the skill and experience needed to successfully handle complicated legal malpractice claims.
Types Of Legal Malpractice Claims
Lawyers have a professional responsibility to do their jobs in a diligent, competent and ethical manner. When they fail to uphold that duty, they violate clients’ trust. Their negligence can cause significant financial losses.
Examples of legal malpractice include:
- Failure to adhere to deadlines (such as statutes of limitations or filing deadlines)
- Failure to prepare or file the right legal documents
- Failure to conduct a proper investigation
- Failure to identify a client’s rights or claims
- Failure to enlist the help of an expert when reasonably necessary
- Failure to identify and disclose conflicts of interests
- Failure to file for no-fault insurance benefits within the mandatory one-year period to file, resulting in missed benefits (particularly in cases involving trucks, or auto accidents)
Countless other legal mistakes can have a major impact on your rights.
Protect Your Rights — Contact Us Today
In a legal malpractice case, it is essential to hire an attorney who will do the detail-intensive and time-consuming work necessary to build the strongest case possible. We are dedicated to protecting your rights. Contact us for a free initial consultation. We serve people throughout Michigan.