Holding Medical Professionals Accountable For Substandard Care
We expect doctors, nurses and other health care professionals to watch out for our health and safety. It can be distressing to be hurt by negligence from the very people we trusted to protect us.
If you believe that you or a loved one was harmed by medical negligence, the lawyers at Bredell & Bredell can investigate and advocate on your behalf. Our law firm is committed to informing you about your rights under the law. We would be happy to sit down with you and discuss the merits of your potential claim.
Don’t wait to protect your rights. You only have a short statute of limitations under which to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in Michigan. Call us toll free at 734-482-5000 for a free initial consultation. We handle cases statewide.
Do You Suspect Medical Malpractice?
Our law firm has recovered notable verdicts and settlements for medical negligence, including:
- Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis — cancer, stroke, infection
- Birth injuries — OB-GYN negligence resulting in brain damage or physical injury to the baby and/or the mother
- Surgical mistakes — wrong body part, retained objects, scalpel injury
- Cosmetic surgery errors — face lifts, tummy tucks, breast augmentation
- Medication errors — wrong drug, wrong dose, adverse reaction
- Hospital and nursing errors — lab errors, failure to monitor, nonsterile procedures
- Chiropractic malpractice — nerve damage, fractures
- Emergency room errors — unreasonable delay, failure to diagnose, surgery error
- Dental malpractice — broken tooth, jaw injury, disfigurement
- Nursing home — negligence, bruising, infection
Medical malpractice is far more common than most people realize. If you suspect that you or a loved one suffered injury in a medical context, ask a lawyer to help you look into the situation. It only takes a single mistake to cause great harm to a person. We are all only human, and doctors and nurses are just as prone to mistakes as anyone else. A medical malpractice claim or lawsuit can bring necessary compensation to the wronged patient.
The Importance Of An Outside Expert Medical Opinion
Before you can bring a lawsuit, you need an outsider’s expert medical opinion confirming that negligence was the cause of the injuries or fatality during surgery, in emergency room care or in any medical treatment scenario. The expert must be in the same medical specialty (such as a neurologist, orthopedist, chiropractor, emergency room physician, internist, plastic surgeon or nurse) as the medical professional who injured you or your family member.
Attorney Lynn Marie Bredell previously served with one of the largest law firms in Michigan. Her experience defending against malpractice claims gives her a valuable perspective into both sides of these cases. We make sure your claims are evaluated by the right experts, address the complicated issues of liability and damages, and anticipate the many procedural issues that can make or break your case.
To get started with an evaluation of your case, contact Bredell & Bredell online or call us toll free at 734-482-5000. We offer free initial consultations and represent clients on a contingency basis. From offices in Ypsilanti and Jackson, we serve the Ann Arbor area and all of Michigan.