Seeking Justice And Compensation For Wrongful Deaths
A fatal accident has devastating emotional and financial consequences for family members. The loss of a loved one is difficult in many ways, including through financial challenges associated with a person’s unexpected death. A wrongful death lawsuit attempts to bring some level of comfort and support to a family after a fatal:
- Car accident
- Truck, motorcycle, bus, train, pedestrian or bicycle accident
- Snowmobile accident or any recreational accident
- Boating accident involving alcohol or other forms of negligence
- Fall injury on the job or elsewhere
- Dog attack or another animal attack
- Fire caused by preventable circumstances
- Drowning in a situation with insufficient fencing, lifeguards or other safety features on private property or at public beaches or lakes
- Surgical mistake
- Medication error
- Food poisoning incident
To learn more, contact one of our attorneys at Bredell & Bredell’s offices in Ypsilanti or Jackson, Michigan.
Families file wrongful death lawsuits for a variety of reasons. Some seek monetary compensation, while others seek justice. Regardless of why you want to file a claim after the death of your loved one, our firm will assist you.
We Understand The Financial Burden Of Your Loss
The financial burden associated with the death of a family member takes a heavy toll. No family can plan for such an unexpected fatal accident. Money will never replace a loved one, but it can help with the financial burden. Our lawyers concentrate on obtaining compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit that will assist a family coping with its loss. You may be entitled to receive money to cover:
- Funeral expenses and burial costs
- Medical costs for the deceased leading up to death
- Loss of a relationship and companionship: loss of consortium for a spouse; children’s losses after losing a parent
- Loss of future income and wages that the deceased person would have likely brought to the family
- Mental anguish, such as when close family members witnessed the fatal accident
Pursuing Justice For Your Loved One
Many times a family just wants to hold people accountable for their actions and prevent such a tragedy from occurring again. We will inform you of the law concerning a wrongful death claim. Our firm has the experience to effectively handle wrongful death actions, with their stringent burden of proof. We will do all we can to hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.
We counsel families about the legal options following their loss. For more information about filing a wrongful death suit, contact Bredell & Bredell for a free initial consultation. Call 734-274-2876 or complete our online intake form. We represent families throughout Michigan.